Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Drawing a blank

I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew when I started this blog and committed to a twice weekly update schedule; which I admit I have been neglecting. The problem is that I underestimated how hard it is to develop a topic from an idea into a paragraph, and how hard it is to come up with good ideas. The trouble with ideas is that you can only tell the good ones from the bad ones after about an hour and a half of writing.

But anyway, enough complaining more entertaining.

There is a show on Bravo or TLC or one of those "Housewives of such and such" called "Mob Wives". As you can imagine the program follows the wives of incarcerated mafia members as they go about their shallow and insubstantial lives. Camera crews monitor every minute of these broken families lives for the viewing pleasure of the American public... and I just can't get enough. To those of you unfamiliar with the show, not that there is much to explain, it is centered around 4 women  who are involved with various crime families to differing degrees. You share their troubles, like when Joseph Ferragamo tells his wife Carla that he will be spending another six months in the joint, as well as their triumphs,  such as any Ed Hardy store having a sale. What I think is the best aspect of the show is  the children of these troubled unions. Can you imagine what kind of hell they live every day of their lives? Not only are their paternal relatives cold heart-ed criminals but now their moms are showcasing their dysfunctional family life from coast to coast. Is there no escape for these little bambinos?

There are many different reason I watch the show, but what I think I love most about "Mob Wives" is that it exemplifies the American belief that no matter how many terrible decisions you have made in your life... you can still someday be the focus of a national reality T.V. series. Other examples of this Renaissance in reality includes shows like "Hardcore Pawn" and "Jersey Shore" and "Ax Men". Maybe someday they will create a reality T.V. show about the adolescent antics of ice cream store employees; I already have a title thought up... "The Inside Scoop".


Until next time fearless readers
MW

No comments:

Post a Comment