Friday, June 24, 2011

a new past-time

Lately my life has become consumed with an electronic menace. I try to avoid it's intriguing articles and fantastic photos but I am just one man. I thought that the stumble upon button on my toolbar was addicting, but that was before I learned about reddit. Now my days are filled with up-votes and reading hilarious comments about how stupid the front page content is today. I don't know why I am so easily hooked on what the internet has to offer, I know that no matter how interesting the digital world is the real world is right outside my window waiting for me. But the fact that the real world does not have interesting fact in every nook and cranny might have something to do with the appeal of the internet. Where else can you read up on what the cast of "Cheers" is up to these days, and then immediately look up the average rainfall of Bolivia only to move onto youtube to watch trailers of all the movies staring Harrison Ford?

Anyway, if it seems like I was distracted while writing this entry... it's because I was. Reddit led me to a webcomic based on Super Smash Brothers. I never stood a chance.

until next time fearless readers
MW

No comments:

Post a Comment