Monday, June 13, 2011

one small step

So I have finally broken down and created a blog. After having deleted my facebook I find myself on the computer with nothing to do, and after stumbling upon essentially the same web page over and over again; I have decided to spend my digital time in a more constructive manner. That is to say I'm rambling... but on the internet this time. I wish I could say that I have even a vague outline of what I intend to write about, but that is not the case. I imagine that eventually I will be able to narrow my focus on some topic I find interesting enough to hold my attention for longer than a few days, but I am a child of the 90's so that might be a long shot.

Speaking of the 90's I've heard tell of a revival of the classic Nick Toons this summer. Timeless classics like "Doug" and "Rugrats" are to be shared with children of a younger generation. This is total bullshit. How is Doug Funny supposed to cope in the 21st century? Will elementary school children understand his use of a paper journal? Of course not. I seem to remember a film with a similar storyline that ended in disaster.It was about a team of scientists who, via the wonders of science, introduce dinosaurs onto a small island in the Pacific. SPOILER ALERT... the dinosaurs eat almost everybody on the island. While Doug, Skeeter, Patti, Roger and the rest of the gang probably wont turn on their creators as viciously as the dinos did, I can't imagine them embracing the digital era as willingly as Jim Jinkins would hope.

until next time fearless readers,

MW

No comments:

Post a Comment